Vegan Sea Moss Salsa (With Sea Moss Gel)Difficulty: Easy
- Onion Paste
¼ Medium Red Onion, Chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Jalapeno
¼ Cup Cilantro, Chopped
1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
¼ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Salsa Ingredients
1 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes or 2 Cups Freshly Chopped
2 Teaspoon Lime Juice
¼ Teaspoon Agave Nectar
1 Tablespoon Sea Moss Gel
1 Small Piece of Habanero Pepper (Optional)
- First, we are going to make our “onion paste.” This helps the salsa lock-in maximum flavor. Rinse and chop your onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to a large bowl or cutting board. Then add garlic paste, and sprinkle sea salt and cumin on top of all your ingredients.
- With a sturdy fork or potato masher, mash your ingredients down as much as you can until it forms somewhat of a thick paste.
- Then grab your food processor and add in your tomatoes (if using fresh tomatoes be sure to rinse and chop them first),”onion paste”, lime juice, agave nectar, sea moss gel, and a small piece of habanero pepper (optional).
- Blend in food processor no longer than 1 minute until all ingredients are completely combined. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or on top of vegan tacos!
- This Vegan Salsa can be made ahead and will keep in the refrigerator for about 5 to 7 days. It DOES NOT freeze well.